Heat Treatment Technology
Flick Anticimex's Heat Treatment Technology is an innovative service that effectively eradicates bed bugs in a closed area in an impressively short amount of time, saving your money and time.
Looking for an innovative service that effectively eradicates bed bugs in a closed area in an impressively short amount of time? Call Flick today.This is a system whereby the power to the room heaters is supplied from a generator mounted in the trailer, which is parked as close to the area/room to be treated as possible. The power comes from a 3 phase outlet in the trailer.
Heating units are wheeled in and set up in the room, along with 2 fans to distribute the heat evenly. The chemical application normally supplements the heat treatment. We have previously done hundreds of these treatments over a 5 year period. The success rate is approximately 95%.
We also have a very good success rate with our current chemical/vacuuming/steam - 3 service program. This heating method only requires the affected room to be secluded for 1 or 2 nights, however, our traditional method of treatment may result in 14 nights of seclusion.
Procedure of the Heat Treatment
- Heaters and fans are strategically positioned at key points in the room where bedbug activity has been reported and/or detected
- Room exposure time to the heat treatment is 3 hours minimum at 60°C. The 3 hours begins when the room reaches 60°C.
- The Flick technician is usually on site for approx. 8 hours, wirelessly monitoring the system.
- Overall turn-around time for a room to be returned to service is 24 – 48 hours (dependent on the degree of infestation).
Note: Distro box is connected to power through under the door
Benefits of the Heat Treatment:
- Bed bugs cannot survive in temperatures above 46 degrees Celsius.
- Heat kills ALL life stages of the bed bug - from eggs to adults.
- Bed Bug Heat Treatments are chemical-free. It has been proven that bed bugs have the ability to build up a resistance to chemicals/pesticides.
- A Bed Bug Heat Treatment can be completed in 24 hours and re-occupancy is immediate in most cases. On the contrary, chemical treatments may take multiple visits over several weeks and use many litres of pesticides.
- Heat can penetrate all areas of a room - eradicating bed bugs in areas you would not think to inspect.
- There is no need to dispose of any furniture in 99% of cases.