Food services businesses and restaurants are dominated by fierce competition. Business owners cannot afford putting their good reputation at risk of pest infestation. Flick Anticimex has developed professional pest management tailored towards this industry.
What are the consequences of pest infestation?
As restaurant/catering business owners, you are obliged to accurately monitor and document pest infestations and initiate the appropriate measures. The presence of pests in your kitchen is unacceptable by both customer and government standards as hygiene and cleanliness are of the utmost importance. In such a case, pest infestations are not only unpleasant but may also have significant consequences:
- Drop in number of guests
- Lower turnover
- Damaged image and reputation
- Intervention by food hygiene authorities
- Subsequent fines and/or money being taken out of your wallet to cover the damages (more than the cost of regular pest control inspections)
What are the consequences of an unhygienic washroom?
An unclean washroom is just as distressing to staff and customers as a pest invasion. Unclean and irregularly maintenance in your washrooms have the power to reduce productivity and morale among staff members, while the bacteria buildup can result in harmful airborne pathogens and microorganisms.
What are areas of the facility most at risk?
Pests are most attracted to facilities in your kitchen that combine their need for food, water, and shelter. Pests are always out in full force during the night, and you’ll most likely find them:
- Under and behind stoves, grills and other electrical cooking devices
- Under the sink and/or dishwasher
- Under or inside packaging i.e. boxes, and crates
- Inside wall cavities, cracks and crevices
Australia has a Food Standard Code authorised by the Department of Primary Industries, Food Authority division. The code requires all food businesses to take practicable measures to:
- Prevent pests from invading food premises
- Prevent and eradicate harbouring pests from the food premises
These practical pest prevention measures mean restaurant/catering business owners must:
- Maintain the integrity of building – seal all holes, gaps, cracks in walls and ceilings
- Install and maintain fly screens on all windows and door openings
- Ensure that all doors not in use are closed
- Install weather strips to base of every door on premises
- Appoint regular checks with a licensed pest controller
- Upkeep clean conditions in the food premises
- Properly store food, equipment and food containers
How can Flick Anticimex help?
We pride ourselves on our strong account management philosophy; we assign efficient Flick management representatives to your company as a point of contact from when you first receive a quote, till post service stage. Our touch points start from the initial enquiry; to when we send the receipt of invoice; to when the service is about to be provided; and finally after the service has been thoroughly conducted. We are committed to being there for you the whole way. We believe in providing our customers in your industry with transparency and sharing knowledge with your management team and staff through training in pest identification and hygiene recommendations.